- A Humble person who initially started his career as a tour operator turns in to the founder of the Great K.P.N Travels.
You may be not knowing this greatest personality, yes he is from Tamil Nadu, at a village called at Periyaputhur in Salem district. He is a person who introduced highly sophisticated, and luxury transport to tamil nadu, he is a founder and chairman of K.P.N Travels India.
- Kuppanna Goundar Ponmalai Goundar Natarajan (KPN) was born in the year 1949 at village called at Periyaputhur in Salem district. Dr. Natarajan is simple and most unassuming, and he is from an agricultural family.
- Dr. KPN started his career as a tour operator in 1968 and in 1971, he realized the need for regular bus services between major towns and cities.
- Thus was born KPN travels in 1972. At the age of 23, he started the first service of KPN Travels between Thirunelveli and Bangalore.
- Initially he used to travel and sometimes even drove the bus himself. His regular travel on the buses gave him an opportunity to interact with all his customers and get valuable feedback, which helped improve service, facilities and comfort levels in the bus.
- In the next couple of years Dr.KPN could start his service from Trichy to Chennai. In fact, he began competing with railways by starting his service at around the same time from Trichy and reaching Chennai much earlier than the express trains
- Customers enjoyed the experience and started preferring KPN buses. It is a fact that KPN was one of the firsts to introduce the latest technologies in buses.
- Today it has the latest and most modern fleet of buses, including 35 Volvo B7R high-end luxury coaches. Dr. KPN’s sound management and pioneering ideas on fleet standardization, bus route review and employee training provided a strong base for growth.